Monday, August 17, 2009

Extreme Mutt Makeover: Part III

Harry and I (and my trainer, Misty) went to Austin this past weekend to visit my mentor trainer, Lee Mannix. We had a great time and of course learned a lot, as usual! Harry had the best time of his life, I'm sure. He learned to swim in the Blanco River, go thru an agility tunnel, and meet goats.

We are coming along nicely but I still need to do work with him outside of my home, which is the difficult part. However, he did really well at Lee's place and there were tons of distractions there. His attention on me is increasingly well and he seems to be bonding to me. He's really going to make someone a great dog. He's insanely quick to learn and very calm and laid-back for such a young dog.

Here are a couple of videos from the weekend. First is the day we left. It was literally the first time he'd ever even seen a tunnel. The second is us having a nice evening on the river and Harry learned to swim across and back.


No comments:

Post a Comment