Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sweet Survivor: Part V

Jake came home on Monday.  He's doing well!  I know that all the prayers, support, good vibes and healing thoughts got us through this . . . once again!  This time it was much more critical so all the above is the only reason we still have our sweet Jake.  

He doesn't seem to be in much pain and he's actually now acting like the ole Jakey we know.  His big soulful eyes beam at me gently as I sit on my bed and he stands on the floor politely to beg for his dinner.   Monday he was pretty sore but he was really happy to be at his comfy home after a very long week.  He was pretty much in the hospital for 6 days.  Poor guy.

His eyes are already back to their full, big brown self.  On Monday he looked pretty awful.  His eyes were really sunken in and looked "beady".  He's putting his weight back on and sleeping well too.  Today he started playing and I was ecstatic!  He isn't especially playful as a dog anyway, so not only did this mean he feels well but also that he's really happy! 

Thank you, once again, to all those who have been generous monetarily to us since all of this started.   We definitely couldn't have done it without you all.  Thank you to the group of ladies who encouraged me to reach out and ask for help, as I was too reluctant to do so . . . again.  I cannot find words to express my gratitude to each and every one of you!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment